Even the best tenants can have difficulties or accidents that can result in property damage and lost rent.  RentCoverUltra covers you against theft and damage (accidental or malicious) by your tenants or their guests up to $65,000.  It also covers rental income loss due to unpaid rent (depending on the circumstances) or vacancy while insured damage is repaired.

Ideal for permanently let units or townhouses, RentCoverUltra includes cover against ‘defined events’ such as fire, storm, flood and water damage as well as liability up to $30,000,000, so you won’t need a separate contents policy.

If you are insuring a house, you may like to consider RentCoverPlatinum which includes a comprehensive building policy as well as the tenant-related risks of RentCoverUltra.

What is covered by RentCoverUltra
Loss of Rent due to: Cover
Denial of Access 52 weeks
Prevention of Access 52 weeks
Default of Rent 6 weeks
Departure without notice 6 weeks
Breaking of lease 6 weeks
Malicious Damage¹ 52 weeks
Accidental Damage to Contents¹ 52 weeks
Accidental Damage to Building 52 weeks
Theft by Tenant¹ 52 weeks
Hardship 6 weeks
Death of a Tenant 52 weeks
Defined Risks to contents (Fire, storm and flood etc.)² 52 weeks
Damage & Theft (building)
Malicious Damage $65,000
Accidental Damage $65,000
Theft by the Tenant $65,000
Damage & Theft (contents)  
Malicious Damage¹ $65,000
Damage caused by Tenant's pets $65,000
Accidental Damage¹ $65,000
Theft by the Tenant¹ $65,000
Defined Risks (Fire, storm and flood etc.)² $65,000
Legal Costs
Legal Liability $30,000,000
Professional fees due to Tax Audit
Workers' Compensation (WA) Included
Loss of Rent Nil
Malicious Damage $400 Per Claim
Accidental Damage $400 Per Event Max. 2 
Theft by the Tenant¹ $400 Per Claim
Legal Expenses Nil
Owners Liability Nil
Contents fire and perils

$200 per claim
(except earthquake $250 and cyclone $500)

¹ Contents for Malicious Damage, Accidental Damage and Theft by the Tenant refers to those items specified in the policy. Malicious Damage for contents items supplied by the landlord for the tenants' use can be insured for a small additional premium.

² Defined risks (fire, storm, flood and water damage etc.) applies to contents items supplied by the landlord for the tenants' use.
Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
Get your FREE copy of “12 most common pitfalls when insuring your rental property” by subscribing to our FREE monthly E-Newsletter below.
RentCover Student Cover


Peace-of-mind protection for parents - student accident insurance for just $29 per year. MORE INFO
EBM Insurance Brokers Logo


Offering a complete range of services from individuals and small businesses to major corporations. MORE INFO
TenantCover Logo


Low cost contents insurance from as little as $160 per year. Simple online quote and application. MORE INFO