What if I’ve already got insurance?

The problem is that many of the risks associated with short term letting properties are not covered under normal household insurance. These exclusions may include “loss of rent” and “damage by tenants”.

Note: You may have “loss of rent” if your property burns to the ground for example, but not under circumstances such as where a guest or visitor has deliberately damaged your property.